One of my favorite quotes is by Athur Schopenhauer:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Think about that for a second.
How does it apply to your life? Business? Career? New Idea?
What’s most important about this quote is that most people will give up in Stage 1 or 2 and never see things come to fruition in Stage 3.
If you are promoting a home based business, despite all of the overwhelming evidence from those who succeeded before you in your business you may be thinking about quitting.
Funny how that works. We tend to allow the thoughts and opinions of others such as friends and family to discourage us. Whenever you are feeling like throwing in the towel and settling for less, think of Arthur Schopenhauer’s quote. Know that if it were easy everyone would do it. Know that if you continue forward despite bumps in the road you will succeed in a big way. You already know the personal incomes of others succeeding in your business, It’s almost guaranteed if you work and let your efforts compound over time.
An example would be buying Shoes Online:
1. Ridiculed – “haha .. No one would every order shoes online”
2. Violently Opposed – “No way who would ever buy shoes online, you have to try them on first! What if they don’t fit – THIS WON’T WORK”
3. Accepted as Self Evident – “Sure, no kidding just order your shoes online. Why would you drive to the store?”
1. Ridiculed – “haha .. No one ever succeeds in those home businesses.”
2. Violently Opposed – “You will never succeed, those things are scams and pyramids. IT WON’T WORK”
3. Accepted as Self Evident – “Sure, home based businesses are a billion dollar industry ”
Memorize that quote and think about it when things get tough AND Keep moving forward.
Wish you the best!