If you are new to eBay and have questions on shipping….here are a few tips.
You can access the United States Postal Service through eBay or go directly to http://www.usps.com/
As you surf around the site, you will discover the following.
1. You can order boxes for shipping directly from the post office – FREE!
2. Here is the link to the USPS shipping calculator: USPS Shipping Calculator
3. The shipping calculator will walk you through step by step to calculate shipping.
4. If you start out shipping within the US, choose a few zip codes that are the furthest from your location. This will allow you to plug in zip codes to estimate the furthest point and the highest potential shipping cost.
5. You can purchase a scale for shipping on eBay. This will not only be convenient, but will also give you an opportunity to build your feedback score and become familiar to the buying and selling process.
6. As an option to the above you can use eBay shipping calculator that calculates postage based on the bidders own zip code.
You will learn by doing and be surprised at how simple it is and how quickly you will learn.
Also keep in mind to not cut corners on shipping your items. Pack them carefully, and if your item can be shipped in an envelope….but would be safer in a box…..use a box!
Wish you the best!